Here is an excerpt from chapter one of The Great Flood.
CHAPTER ONE
In the early days of Earth, when dinosaurs walked with people and the people were full of anger and selfishness, there lived a good man named Noah. Noah was a brave and honest man, and he was well known among the people for stopping the great dinosaur hunt that almost destroyed dinosaurs from the land. He had three sons named Shem, Ham, and Japheth, who loved their father and mother very much.
Noah was a man who loved nothing more than his daily conversations with God, and this day was no different. Like any other day, Noah settled onto his rock where he met with God.
“Father, I thank you for the many blessings that you have given to us and for the patience you show toward your people.”
“Noah, we need to talk,” came the voice of the Father, booming down from the sky.
“And Father, I want to thank you—”
“Noah! Do you hear me?” God’s voice thundered through the clouds, interrupting Noah.
“Huh? What? Oh yes, Lord, I hear you.”
“Noah, I have been watching my creation from the beginning of time. I am saddened at what I see. The people of the land have become so mean and hurtful that all they think about is how they can hurt each other and destroy everything they touch. I have pleaded with them for centuries, hoping that they would see my love for them. I have given them chance after chance to turn away from hurting each other, but the people on Earth have become so hateful that I see no other choice but to destroy them and start over before they destroy themselves along with everything else.”
Noah fell to his knees with tears streaming down his face and cried out, “I know that you have been patient with us Father! I do not doubt your love for your creation, but what is to become of my family?”
“Noah, your family is very dear to my heart. You all have been faithful and have never stopped loving me. Noah, I want you to listen carefully and do exactly what I instruct you to do. If you do, you and your family will be protected.”
Noah was not aware of two little dinosaurs hiding in the bushes nearby, listening to their conversation. Dino and Dona were two very young and curious dinosaurs, well known for getting into mischief. Dino was ten years old with shiny blue skin and large dark green eyes. He liked to play imaginary games. He could always find an adventure in any situation. Dona was nine years old. She was a blue-eyed, dark-pink-skinned girl that followed Dino everywhere he went. They had been best friends their whole lives. Together, they experienced many adventures.
“Did you hear that Dona?” Dino said. “The Father told Mr. Noah that He is going to destroy His creation.”
“What is a ‘creation,’ Dino?” Dona cried out in excitement. “And why would the Father destroy it?”
“I’m not sure Dona, but I’m about to find out.” With that, Dino headed down the trail toward town with Dona trailing closely behind.
I hope that you enjoy reading The Great Flood as much as I enjoyed writing it. Please stay tuned for future posts and the eventual release date.
No comments:
Post a Comment